The Barcelona Perfumery Awards already have their winners among 120 international nominations from across the value chain of the sector.
The Barcelona Perfumery Awards (BPA), which reward the best initiatives in the fragrance industry, have unveiled their finalists for the 10 categories that make up the 2023 edition. The celebration of these awards recognises aspects such as innovation and knowledge to companies and professionals in the sector
The first day of the Barcelona Perfumery Congress, organised by the Beauty Cluster, began on 22 November at 9am and the event brought together more than 700 professionals from the perfumery sector as well as public and institutional personalities. At the end of the first day of the event, the BPA gala was held, at which the winners were announced with a cocktail party to celebrate and close the gala. These awards, held at a gala sponsored by RNB, recognise innovation, knowledge, commitment and sustainable contribution to the perfume and fragrance sector.
The gala began shortly before 5pm and was led by the President of the Beauty Cluster, Marc Crous. The President of the Beauty Cluster received together with Ivan Borrego, Manager of the Beauty Cluster, Nuria Marín, Mayoress of L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, the town where the Barcelona Perfumery Congress is being held yesterday and today. The mayoress attended the event accompanied by other authorities of the city council of L’Hospitalet as the Tinent d’Alcaldia de Promoció Econòmica, José Antonio Alcaide, of the Primer Tinent d’Alcaldia de L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Francesc J. Belver, Montse Pérez, Cap de Gabinet d’Alcaldia de L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Susana Abellán, Cap de Protocol de L’Hospitalet de Llobregat and Mario Ruiz, Cap de Comunicació de L’Hospitalet de Llobregat.
The Beauty Cluster board members were the persons who announced and presented the awards to the finalists in the ten categories. Marc Crous presented the awards to the winners in Best Olfaction & Fragrance Research, Best Most Innovative Company in the fragrance industry and Best Sustaible Initiative in the fragrance industry. Beauty Cluster Vice President Marta Soler also presented the award for Best Most Innovative Technology in the fragrance Industry, and Eva Lluch presented two awards: Best Sustainable Ingredient for Fragrance and Best natural ingredient for the fragrance. Irene Gisbert, Beauty Cluster board member, Most Innovative Startup in the Fragrance Industry and Best Packaging Innovation for Perfumery. Ambra Orini, who is also on the board of the Beauty Cluster, presented the award for Best Communicator in Olfaction & Fragrance. Núria Marín, the mayoress of l’Hospitalet de Llobregat, was in charge of presenting the honorary award in recognition of her career in the world of perfumery and the creation of fragrances.
The winners distributed according to each category have been the following:
- Best olfaction & fragrance research: FD-INNOV, UVSQ Université Of Versailles Saint-Quentin-in-Yvelines and Osmothèque Conservatoire International give parfums
- Best Most innovative company in the fragrance industry: Group Carinsa
- Best Most innovative technology in the fragrance industry: AirParfum With Perfume Star Map and MANE with And-Pure Jungle Essence™
- Best sustainable ingredient for fragrance: Scentmate by dsm-firmenich With CLEARWOOD® and Symrise AG with Lilybelle®
- Best Natural ingredient for fragrance: Cosmo International Fragrances – Myrtle Inca Essence
- Best sustainable initiative in the fragrance industry: Iberchem
- Best packaging innovation for perfumery: PUJOLASOS wood & pack With Matsos
- Most innovative startup in the fragrance industry: Kemchain
- Best communicator in olfaction & fragrance: Juan Lopez Becerril, from Huéleme Mucho
- Fragrance career award: Ramón Monegal